Big Nursery have been growing a selection of vegetables in the poly tunnel. Today our lettuces were reading to pick and eat. We all had a go at tasting the lettuce leaves and talked about the importance of eating healthy foods. I wonder what we will try next time?.
• We have enjoyed learning the story of The Three Little Pigs.
• At story time we joined in with the repeated refrains and used different voices for the characters.
• We built houses using different construction pieces. Mr O used a hairdryer to try and blow the houses down! We had an experiment to see which house was built the strongest!
• We have been exploring 2D shapes and spotting them around the nursery.
‘A rectangle looks like Mummy’s iphone.’- Marley
‘A circle is round’- Nelly
‘Made big house..Mr O blowed it..too strong..didn't fall down’-Milo
• We have enjoyed learning the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
• At circle time we talked about the choices that Goldilocks made and if they were right. Lots of the children agreed that she was ‘naughty’ and that it wasn’t safe to go in a stranger’s house.
• We mixed colours to paint pictures of the bears.
• Outside we explored the properties of porridge and what happens when water is added.
‘Goldilocks broke baby bear’s chair’ and ‘Goldilocks didn’t like Daddy bear’s porridge.’- Sia
"I'm feeling it...it's like abit icky.... It looks like milk when I mix it in"- Macie
• The children enjoyed making pancakes and trying lots of different toppings.
•We had a pancake race trying not to drop them!
• We have lots of talk about technology in Nursery and at home. We shared ideas about how we use IT equipment such as mobiles, cameras, ipads and electric toothbrushes!
• We have enjoyed using our imagination to bake cakes and biscuits in our new playdough kitchen.
My Mummy has her phone and she texts- Caitlin
I can play games on the iPad and you can use the camera on it to take photos- Marley
We need milk, eggs, flour, put dem in da bowl and in the frying pan- Syndey
This morning a mysterious egg was in Nursery. It sparked lots of talk about who it belonged to, what was inside and how it got there. The children came up with lots of great ideas including a cat egg! We then had a discussion about which animals come from eggs.
Somebody suggested that we smash the egg to see inside. We decided that if we did that we could hurt whatever was growing inside and so thought we best leave it hatch on its own. Some children played some musical instruments for the egg but others said we needed to play quietly because we shouldn't wake the egg up!! The children kept returning to the egg during the session to see if it had hatched. Maybe it will this week?
We have been learning about the celebration of the Chinese New Year!
• Preparing and trying new Chinese foods
• Making Chinese lanterns
• Having a go at eating with chopsticks
• Being part of a Chinese Dragon dance!
"We do it in the wok pan, we had some vegetables and then we eated with chopsticks like these"- Sydney “Yes cos it’s Chinese New Year, the big dragon does a dance”.- Kiaralee
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
All Bridge Schools are now closed. Wadebridge Primary is operating as the 'Hub' school providing a reduced service only for children of key workers and vulnerable groups within normal school registration hours for Wadebridge and Blisland.
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.