The Department for Education’s vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium is for ALL pupils leaving primary school to be physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
PE and Sports Premium funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
• To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
At Wadebridge Primary Academy our aim is to ensure that the focus of spending leads to long lasting impact against the vision that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
Here at WPA our aim is to see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity, kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
5. Increased participation in competitive sport.
With the aid of the Sports Premium we hope to achieve the following:
• To up skill staff in delivering high-quality PE lessons
• Provide a range of outdoor and adventurous activities and experiences
• To improve teaching of dance and gymnastics
• To promote competitive sport
• To raise the attendance of sports clubs
• To improve the general health and fitness of pupils
To achieve this, funding at WPA could be used to:
• Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
• Provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
• Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
• Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
• Run sport competitions
• Increase pupils’ participation in the Cornwall School Games
• Run sports activities with other schools
Below are our Sports Premium Statements outlining our spending for the past few academic years.
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
© 2021 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.