We are one of the largest primary schools in Cornwall with 16 classes of children organised in a two form entry school from Nursery through to Year 6. There are 92 trained staff members who deliver exciting learning opportunities for children in all phases.
We have a well resourced and organised school. This is a school with space and creative opportunities to fill that space!
We are committed to developing all aspects of learning in the creative way to allow children to experience and consider art, dance, drama and digital media and learning outdoors.
• Teachers choose enquiry based on their intimate knowledge of their class and the children take control of the enquiry through their further questions.
• The progression ladders form the basis of our coverage of objectives, these allow teachers to monitor and ensure a broad, rich content. Teachers use the ladders to guide their planning once the children have generated their further questions which will shape the enquiry. Pupil’s ongoing progress is recorded alongside these ladders and passed on to the next class teacher at the end of the school year. Pupil’s self-assessment is shown through their English, Maths and Topic books.
• Visitors and trips enhance the curriculum and are used to provide first hand experiences which help support real life outcomes.
• Children will feedback on their Learning Journeys to staff, guardians and Governors; ensuring that they are key drivers for improvement.
• Leaders review the curriculum regularly using pupil’s work, progression ladders and pupil conferencing to ensure it remains language rich, diverse and develops the whole child.
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
INSET day Monday 1 November 2021. School Starts back on Tuesday 2 Nov at 0825.
PE Days: Y1: Thurs; Y2: Tues; Y3: Mon; Y4: Friday; Y5: Weds and Fri; Yr 6: Weds and Fri.
© 2021 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.